Hormonal imbalances are all the rage and are unfortunately only getting worse! Mood swings, infertility, weight gain, and cystic acne are just a few of the side effects of a hormonal imbalance in your body. And I’m not just talking about women here guys! Men are subject to the same hormonal imbalances that women are. It only serves to make perfect sense considering there are toxins in everything from planes, trains, to automobiles – including toxic hormones.
Hormones are lurking in the most unlikely places, including prescription drugs, factory-farmed meat, dairy, and plastics. BPA, one of the most dangerous toxins out there found in plastic and register receipts, actually mimics hormones in your body which completely throws your hormones off kilter.
Adrenal exhaustion, a condition that taxes your adrenal glands due to excess stress, also causes your hormones to be totally out of whack. Your hormones are regulated by your pituitary, which is part of your endocrine system along with your adrenal glands, and when the adrenals go, so does everything else right along with them.
Another reason your hormones are off could be because you’re on the pill, or were. If you’ve ever taken the pill, beware! The pill floods your body with excess estrogen, causing yet even more imbalances amongst other serious health risks. Plus, it can take your body up to a year to rid itself of these excess hormones and only if you naturally balance them with holistic protocols.
Want to know how to balance hormones naturally in a nutshell? Here’s my 5-step approach:
- Identify the root cause of the problem and address it ASAP. Are you too toxic? Is your stress level too high? Or is it time to get off the pill?
- Do a detox. Detoxing used to be considered new age and freaky but those days are long gone! In order to successfully balance your body and stand a fighting chance against toxins, detoxing is an absolute must nowadays.
- Change your diet. Get rid of packaged, processed foods, conventionally grown meats and commercially processed dairy and switch to whole, organic food, straight from the earth like nature intended. Incorporating more foods like sweet potatoes, broccoli, fish, and nuts can make all the difference with your mood and will truly nourish your body.
- Always drink purified water and steer clear of gumming your hands up with ink from sales receipts.
- Exercise, but not in a way that you find punishing. Your mind will interpret exercise that you don’t enjoy as just more stress, creating deeper imbalances in your body. Therefore, exercising in a way that your body truly wants to and doesn’t add more stress to your already stressful life is the best plan. Walking, Pilates, or belly dancing are gentle forms of exercise that often fit the bill.
Hormones imbalances can destroy relationships, keep weight stuck, and result in breakouts that remind you of your teenage years. Ugh. Following the simple steps above though will steer you in the right direction and lead to inner peace and harmony.
For more information on natural hormone balance, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.